Bruin Card Access to Medical Waste Accumulation Sites
BSRB, MRL, and CHS building Medical Waste Accumulation sites now require Bruin cards, rather than physical keys is in process.
To obtain MWA Access, the following requirements must be met (ALL criteria must be met):
- Be a worker on an active IBC-Approved Biological Use Authorization (BUA)
- Be a designated Waste Handler on the active BUA
- Have current training for Bloodborne Pathogens and Medical Waste Management
Please note: If ALL criteria is not met, application will be denied.
To apply for access, take the following steps:
1. Complete an online application at: http://mwa.ehs.ucla.edu
2. Bring your BruinCard (UCLA UID badge) and the IBC protocol numbers (BUA-XXX-XXX-XXX) that list you as a medical waste handler rol to BruinCard Swipe Collection Event to register your card. Events are as below:
Date: Every Thursday
Time: 2:00pm until 3:00pm
Location: CHS 12-096A
3. Review your Bloodborne Pathogen and Medical Waste Management training records (via Worksafe) to ensure these are up-to-date.
Please allow 2 weeks for EH&S to process approval.