College Campus Fire Safety
- Never remove batteries or disable the alarm.
- Learn your building’s evacuation plan and practice all drills as if they were the real thing
- If you live off campus, have a fire escape plan with two ways out of every room.
- When the smoke alarm or fire alarm sounds, get out of the building quickly and stay out.
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking.
- Cook only when you are alert, not sleepy or drowsy from medicine or alcohol.
- Keep your cooking area clean and uncluttered
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stovetop
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires
- For oven fire, turn off the heat and keep the door closed.