Dorm Fire Safety
You need to know...
WHEN THE FIRE ALARM SOUNDS, GET OUT OF THE BUILDING QUICKLY AND STAY OUT!
- Never remove batteries or otherwise disable the smoke alarm
- Learn your building’s evacuation plan and practice all drills as if they were the real thing
- If you live off campus, have a fire escape plan with two ways out of every room
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking
- Cook only when you are alert, not sleepy or drowsy from medicine or alcohol
- Keep your cooking area clean and uncluttered
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stovetop
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires
- Turn off the heat and keep the oven door closed if a fire occurs