Field Research Safety Resources & Training
Field Safety Planning
- You are required to submit a field safety plan before going into the field!
- Don't forget to register with UC Away before your trip!
- Assess potential field hazards here
- If field injuries or accidents occur, please follow these instructions.
- Important Links
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training
- June 13, 2022 10am to 1:30pm 1st floor Strathmore building
- July 29, 2022 12:30pm to 2pm 1st floor Strathmore building
- Field Safety Resources Training
- Off-Road Driving Training
- Badlands Off-Road Adventures
Year-round availability. Please contact Claudia Alli firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Wilderness First-Aid Training
- Upcoming dates:
Oct 29-30, 2022
Adventure Risk Management in Idyllwild, CA
- Safe Driver Training
- This behind-the-wheel training program teaches safe driving practices using The Smith5Keys® , a method proven to reduce risks on the road and prevent crashes. Please contact Claudia Alli at email@example.com to schedule training for your lab. This training is a prerequisite to participate in off-road training and manual driving training. This training is recommended to all field researchers with a valid driver’s license!
- Available Virtual Worksafe Trainings
- Heat Illness Prevention Online Training Course ID: IP-HEATT-OL
UC Abroad Traveler Safety Course ID: IP-FIELD-OL
UCLA Online Driver Safety Training (SmithSafe) Course ID: ETDST0020
UC Abroad Traveler Safety: IP-FIELD-OL