We are closed for all university observed holidays.
The UCLA Controlled Substance Program for Research
MEET OUR STAFF
- Alyssa Leiva - Controlled Substances Program Administrator (CSPA)
- Morgan Walston - Controlled Substances Program Specialist (CSPS)
Service Desk Hours by Appointment Rate Us
- How to to get access to work with controlled substances
- The CSP managed DEA Research Registrations for departments.
Complete a Controlled Substance Use Authorization (CSUA) application if you are:
- planning to work with controlled substances (Schedule 2-5) for research
- would like to switch your individual registration to a department registration
Planning on working with Schedule 1 controlled substances visit: Schedule 1 Registrations
Planning on working with Precursors, List 1 and 2 Chemicals visit:
Precursors, List 1 and 2 Chemicals
Managing your own DEA registration visit:
Individual DEA Registrations for Researchers
- Storage Location Requirements:
PIs are responsible for providing and maintaining secure controlled substance storage.
See the Controlled Substances Storage Location Requirements handout.
Examples of acceptable locks:
- Hasp lock and carriage bolts
- Hasp Lock Installation Information
To get your storage location approved and verified or to develop a storage plan schedule a consultation with us.
Book a Service Appointment
- Updating your CSUA:
- Submit are request for Modification:
CSUA Modification Request
Maintaining the most up to date information on your Controlled Substance Use Authorization (CSUA) is essential to ensure that we have continued approval from the DEA. Information that would need to be reported are:
Protocol additions or removals- protocols are the means by which we are able to justify use of material and are a required document.
Material additions or removals- each CSUA is approved for specific material and annual usage amounts. Material not listed on an CSUA and request for amount over the approved annual usage will not be fulfilled with out a justification and CSUA amendment.
Storage locations changes- each storage location is approved for security provisions by the DEA. Relocation or modification to storage location must be approved before use.
it is important to be able to identify who are the individuals that have access to controlled substances.
- Complete and submit Personnel Screening Data Sheets (PSDS) for each user
- Complete the Controlled Substance Training in WORKSAFE
PSDS Submission Options
- Email signed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is a controlled substance?
- These are federally regulated material that require licensing prior to use for more information about what type of material are classified as a controlled substances visit our webpage:
What is a controlled substances?
- Ordering and Vendors:
- Waste and Returning Materials
- The Controlled Substance Program manages material from receipt to disposal. All controlled substances received through the program must be returned if expired or material will not longer be in use.
Visit our Controlled Substance web page for more information.