Skip to Main Content

Reporting Foodborne Illness

UCLA EH&S Environmental Health is only responsible for food complaints from food facilities owned and operated by UCLA.

Reporting foodborne illness should be done by the person affected. If they are unable to report themselves, please have their information ready prior to calling or emailing in the report.

To report foodborne illness please have the following prepared:

  • Your name
  • Your age
  • Best phone number or email address to reach you at
  • Your predominant symptoms
  • Suspect food item
  • 72 hour food history
  • Relationship to the university

Please email

EH&S Environmental Health will contact the person reporting the illness to ask further questions and investigate the complaint within three business days.

If no response is received within three business days by the complainant the complaint will be closed without further investigation.