Environmental, Occupational and Safety Programs @ EH&S
Environmental, Occupational and Safety Programs (EOSP) encompasses all aspects of permitting, compliance and safety for the UCLA campus and several off-campus UCLA properties. We promote the safety and health of the UCLA community through our programs and collaborations with other EH&S divisions.
EOSP works closely with:
- EH&S Research Safety
- UCLA Fire Department
- Office of Emergency Management
Safety & Compliance
Oversees occupational safety and compliance programs for campus departments.
Safety programs include but are not limited to:
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- UCLA Shop Safety Program and high hazard operations
- UCLA Hazard Communication Program
- UCLA Public Access Defibrillator (PAD) Program
- UC Performing Arts Safety Manual
Oversees Industrial Hygiene Programs for campus departments including:
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)- including odors, dust and mold
- Hazard and Exposure Assessment Programs- Personal exposure sampling for hazardous chemicals and physical hazards such as noise and vibration.
- Respiratory Protection Program- provides training & fit testing
- Ventilation surveys
Oversees The Environmental Health Programs (EHP) for the campus which includes:
- Food Facility Inspections
- Food Facility New Construction/Renovation Plan Check Program
- Foodborne Illness Prevention and Response
- Recreational Waters (Swimming Pools) Inspections
- Drinking Water Sanitation and Chlorination
- Communicable Disease Pathogen Testing
- Temporary Food Event Permitting and Inspections
We assist campus departments with compliance issues and liaison between departments and environmental regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations. Environmental Compliance manages all environmental permits including: South Coast Air Quality Management District permits, industrial wastewater permits, storm water permits and underground storage tank permits for the UCLA campus.